Saturday, 13 December 2008

JYC 5th December

5th December was all about Advent and how we count down to Christmas Day. As a child I always had a chocolate advent calendar each year so I have carried on the tradition and get Hannah a calendar each year. She loves it and its the first thing she has to do each morning. Here is my page for 5th December


I am really struggling to keep up with my journal and do a page a day but I am making time to take photos and journal which is the important bit. I have had a madly busy week with Hannah's Xmas disco at school, their Xmas play and the school Xmas Fair all on this week. I've also got a stinking cold which is really bad timing as this week has been so full. Hopefully I'll catch up with JYC next week when things are a bit calmer.

Today we took Hannah to see Santa, despite my cold, we had promised her and she was looking forward to it. Here she is on the train which takes the children to Santa's grotto. The train goes through "Santa's toy factory and shop" and is beautifully decorated with toys, disney characters and light, really captivates all the children!


And meeting Santa where she told him she would like "a new doll's pram and some books please"!


And the final photo is outside the grotto with the present he gave her. We had a lovely lunch in the cafe next door in the garden centre where she opened her present, which was a lovely doll and house set (similar to the polly pocket type dolls)





No comments: