Sunday, 6 July 2008

Big Clear Out!

Well, so much for me saying I would have more time to do some blog challenges! I haven't done much crafting this week at all.

I decided to sort out our spare room in preparation for my in laws and nephew coming to stay in a couple of weeks and what started as a fairly small and easy job turned into a mammoth task! Do you ever do that? I ended up sorting out the wardrobe (full of my daughter's outgrown clothes and toys) in the spare room and finally got around to sorting through a couple of boxes that we had never got around to unpacking from when we moved in (over 2 years ago!). As if that wasn't enough I then moved onto clearing out the wardrobes in our room. We have fitted wardrobes all along one wall and they were crammed full! I came across 2 big boxes full of old photographs that I'd forgotten I had, including some which belonged to my Gran. There are some of my childhood, my Mum when she was a little girl and also my Gran as a baby with her parents and other relatives. I sadly lost Mum in 1999 and Gran in 2001 so these photos bought back wonderful memories. I intend to scan and copy them and scrapbook them. I can't wait to get satrted!

In the meantime here is a pic of the card I made for my hubby for Father's Day which I realised I had forgotten to upload to my blog. It's a very simple one as he says he doesn't like fussy cards!

Have a good weekend everyone! I'm off for a quick blog hop!


Supplies: Red cs, silver miri card, red ribbon, football topper, peel off greeting.

2 comments:

Jo said...

I don't very often tidy up lol!!! but seriously I find exactly the same thing happening to me. I start sorting out things and become engrossed in them!

Your card is fab....bet he loved it!

Anonymous said...

nice card!

arlene,
Tacoma florist